Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wow, life is busy. Have you ever heard me say I'm not a huge fan of busy? Because I'm not. But slowly I'm accepting the reality of parenthood/adulthood. This time around- mainly referring to the start of a new school year- I'm a little bit better about coaching myself through the rough patches, pepping myself up with the you-can-do-it talks, and breathing when I get the chance. But how come I can't tell my inner subconscious that this isn't a good time to get a decorating itch? Oh it's what I think about most days- fixing up certain neglected spaces in the house- but have no time/energy to really execute. Shoot I don't even have the mental energy to develop the ideas let alone execute them. And I know, I know....a time and a season for all things. Soon enough the kids will all be in school and blah blah blah. But like I said, it's the subconscious. I can't stop it.

So start of the school year...3 weeks deep if my math is correct. And.........we've already skipped a day. What?

Disneyland Sept 20, 2011. Highlight: getting to buy a toy. Of course they picked a Star Wars something or the other. Porter was ready to go home at noon so he could open his other presents. Yea, that didn't happen.


And then it was 3 days until the much anticipated birthday party. Or maybe the much anticipated acquisition of more new toys. I don't know, still trying to figure that one out.

So this was the first pinata we've done at a party. As I was looking through the pictures of me and the pinata......
....it was apparent I didn't hide my fear/anxiety at all. That was the most stressful hour 5 minutes of the night.

Happy Birthday to the Pistol. He's a good lad and we're lucky to have landed him!

1 comment:

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

hahah I love your face in the photos...mine would have been the exact same..times ten probably!
yours boys are so dang big and handsome!
xoxo